Thursday 4 July 2019

Icecream Hands (1992) - Icecream Hands


Sort of power poppy stuff probably enjoyed by people who lived in Elwood, Sandringham and Cheltenham in the mid-90s, dressed like a cricketer, drank lots of Carlton Draught, played poker in the back shed and listened to Paul Kelly and the Whitlams.

It's quite good. I'm sure I read somewhere about a band that I was envious of featuring the son of one of the members of Icecream Hands, but I can't remember which member it was (or what the band was called). Released on Rubber Records, distributed by Shock (as Screamfeeder once said, I can see a pattern forming...)

What's with the DX7 and Linndrum sound on track two? Geez. Also, the opening chord of 'Uncle Robert's Questionnaire' sounds EXACTLY like the opening chord of 'Lost Weekend' by Lloyd Cole and the Commotions. Plus the riff is very similar to that Paul Kelly song. You know the one I mean.

This is a probably an entirely unhelpful review. That's what you get when I put four five records up in one evening.

Icecream Hands (1992) - Icecream Hands

No comments:

Post a Comment