Wednesday 19 February 2020

Who Wants To Play? (2001) - Sally's Grip


Good lord, someone else has found this album in a Salvos (albeit on the other side of the country!) and uploaded it for your enjoyment, lest it get consigned to be permanently forgotten. As it happens, I picked it up from an op shop somewhere in Melbourne and remarked on the awful cover artwork. What's inside? Surprisingly good cheerful early 00s pop punk. A local production, I seem to recall they had a website but just like the last upload, half my archive of links appear to be on another computer so some period materials will need to wait until I can dig them out. Until then, enjoy Sally's Grip (which was a play on some kind of Selley's adhesive if I remember correctly).

From 'Shoofin Friend on YouTube:
Now let's state the obvious, you might have clicked on this because it featured some of the worst cover art you've ever seen right? Yep you're completely right but like anything you can't always judge a book by it's cover. I picked up this album from Salvos in Freo. Scuffed to the max CD, along with Kermit's swamp years and a heap of old surf VHS tapes for a friend. I was in hysterics about how god awful the album art was. I went out on a whim and picked it up. Took the protective tape off the side and was pleasantly surprised. The little cover booklet was actually pretty cool and showed the actual band members of Sally's Grip. Luke, Adam, Sam and Steve. Recorded at Rangemaster studios in Victoria, (whom i may or may not receive some additional information from, very soon).I'm also trying to get in contact with Jade, seeing as her number is on the album credits. But yeah otherwise, this album is album/ep? is surprisingly ok. I thought it'd be hot garbage, but it's good early 2000's punk-rock (i think it's punk-rock i'm not great with genre's). this was the response from Rangemaster studio : "Hi there, that was some time ago but I'm still mates with Luke who was the primary songwriter. He can be found here" I'll keep the link for myself and message Luke real soon. He's making some really nice stuff now :) expect me to update this when i learn more :)) This album does not belong to me i am merely sharing music i have found and enjoyed, thanks :))
 There you go. Info on a postcard, as per usual, please.

1. Da Di Dah        2:36
2. Let's Go        3:16
3. Tell Ya Friends        0:33
4. Rash        2:04
5. Sally's Grip        3:16
6. [Untitled]        2:46

Who Wants To Play? (2001) - Sally's Grip

1 comment: